Blog 3
The ELA technology
standards that I would feel most prepared to teach are “Multimedia:” Literature
and Informational Text. I think I would need to be better acquainted with the
subjects of history/social science as well as science/technical subjects to
teach them well. I would also be comfortable with “Text Structure:”
Informational Text, “Use Multiple Sources,” “Evaluate Speaker’s Point of View,”
“Vocabulary: Use Context Clues,” “Write to explain/inform,” “Use Technology,”
and “Use Digital Media.” The standards seem quite simple and easy to integrate
into my classroom because I feel like I have done almost all of them at some
point in my educational career. However, it wouldn’t hurt to brush up on all of
them to feel more comfortable in the subject areas.
I would like to be
working in a kindergarten or 1st grade classroom when I get older so
the types of technology they use may be different from those used by older
students. But no matter what age they
are, they must all be good digital citizens. They can do this by learning how
to act appropriately on the internet by being polite to others, using appropriate
words and not cyberbullying. Some of the technology software that I would use
with my students are iMovie to make mini films, YouTube to watch different
kinds of videos, Animoto, and Stroome. But hopefully these could be younger
student-friendly and easily implemented in a kindergarten classroom. Classroom
2.0 also seems like a helpful teacher resource to engage students.
The new skills I acquired
from working on the Newsletter Design assignment were actually very useful. I
learned how to change the page from its normal one column, into a two column,
and then back to a one column. I also learned how to insert an email as a
hyperlink, which I didn’t even know you could do. I will definitely be using these
skills when it comes to making my own documents, newsletters, etc. for my own
class. Now that I’ve done it once, it will only get easier in the future. Next
time I’d like to add more color to my document and little pictures to make it
fun and appealing to the eye.
Comments
Post a Comment