Blog 4
While on twitter, I
have found myself interacting with other classmates as well as other educators and
adults who are in the educational technology field. Even if I am not directly
communicating with these educational technology professionals, I am viewing their
tweets which talk about the various uses of new types of technology in the
classroom. I am exposed to these different usages which may inspire me to use
them in my classroom. In my future career twitter will be helpful because I can
interact with other educators and learn new tricks and ideas from them. Also it’s
a good way to keep in contact with parents who also have twitter because they
can see the types of activities we are doing in class.
The digital divide
affects a student’s success because some are limited in the amount of time and
exposure they have to technology in general. Some students may not have
internet access at home and must go somewhere else if they wish to use it. This
puts these students at a disadvantage because they do not get as much use as
more privileged students. Later in life this causes the students to have lower confidence
when working with technology as well as not be as skilled as others, creating disparity
among students. Some causes are that students may live in a poor area that has
less access to newer technology and may not have internet access at home,
therefore hindering the students’ exposure to technology. As a teacher I must
be sensitive to these issues and understand that not everyone has the same privileges
as myself or other students. I must make sure to facilitate technology use in
school, so that way if some students have little to no internet access, they
can still get that exposure at school. This allows students to still become
comfortable with technology. I will try to incorporate more technology into my
teaching so that everyone has equal opportunities to learn more about them.
For a kindergarten
class, most students will not be using complicated types of educational software.
I think I would want to use software’s that help the students to reinforce
ideas as well as to learn new material. I think the most used would be academic
software such as drill-and-practice to help reinforce new skills since these kindergarten
kids will be going to school and learning for the first time. Also educational
games would be used a lot so that kids can have fun while also learning the
material. These could be simple and easy for the young kids to use. The least
used would be reference software and different types of graphic design
software. These may be a bit too complicated for them to use on their own,
however a lot of these software’s may be used if the teacher were assisting the
class.
Comments
Post a Comment