Blog 10
I am hoping to become a lower elementary school teacher such as kindergarten, first, or second grade. I feel that in kindergarten surveys may help to ask the kids what it is they want to learn about as well as to get a better understanding of any ideas they may have for the classroom. As they get older such as 1st or 2nd grade, the surveys may be used to evaluate how well the students know a certain subject matter. Excel may not be too useful in these grade levels because they don't usually receive A, B letter grades so I wouldn't need to use it to help me with that. The calculation of a bunch of grades for different assignments isn't necessary for these grades.
The topic I found most interesting when reading my peers' blog posts were the variety of different ILP projects that people did. It was very interesting to see what they learned about and how the each had a different take on the project. I saw one student make an interactive poster using Glogster which I thought was such a great idea. Other students took online courses and shared about their learning experience. It was interesting to see all the different courses that people were able to engage with and learn from.
A technology related skill that I would like to learn next would be how to create an object on the computer so that I could 3D print it. I think this would be a great skill to learn because I could make objects for my classroom and be able to have the kids interact with these 3D concepts. They could better understand concepts compared to if I was just trying to explain the concepts without the use of this vital visual aid. I want to learn how to use a 3D printing program to design shapes and objects for my classroom. The objects would help students to get involved in the lesson more and also to understand it all and make it easier for them. I will go about trying to learn this skill by looking up some online courses or tutorials for easy design programs for 3D printing. It doesn't need to be anything too advanced but just something simple enough so that I could create some cool objects.
The topic I found most interesting when reading my peers' blog posts were the variety of different ILP projects that people did. It was very interesting to see what they learned about and how the each had a different take on the project. I saw one student make an interactive poster using Glogster which I thought was such a great idea. Other students took online courses and shared about their learning experience. It was interesting to see all the different courses that people were able to engage with and learn from.
A technology related skill that I would like to learn next would be how to create an object on the computer so that I could 3D print it. I think this would be a great skill to learn because I could make objects for my classroom and be able to have the kids interact with these 3D concepts. They could better understand concepts compared to if I was just trying to explain the concepts without the use of this vital visual aid. I want to learn how to use a 3D printing program to design shapes and objects for my classroom. The objects would help students to get involved in the lesson more and also to understand it all and make it easier for them. I will go about trying to learn this skill by looking up some online courses or tutorials for easy design programs for 3D printing. It doesn't need to be anything too advanced but just something simple enough so that I could create some cool objects.
Comments
Post a Comment