Blog 9
“The Flipped Classroom” is a new way
that teachers have come up with to help students learn new information. The
concept is that instead of coming to class, listening to a lecture and then
going home and doing homework on it, the students will watch a video and maybe
answer some questions about a new lesson and then when they come to class the next
day they already have exposure to the material. It transforms the students from
passive to active learners when they’re in the classroom. They find that it
helps deepen students’ understanding of the content and makes them more engaged
in classroom discussions.
Open educational resources are
teaching, learning and research resources that are in the public domain and
available for anyone to use. These include full online courses, book/course
materials, videos, tests, practice tools and other technology that facilitates
learning of new material. These materials help teachers and students to learn
more on their own time and freely. Lesson plans for teachers are a great example
of this, and it benefits teachers all over. Open content is the actual documents
and materials that can be modified and used by anyone on the internet. Wikipedia
is an example of open content available for everyone
This link is a website that has many
different free lessons and lesson plans on it for people to use and modify for
their own use:
Some new skill I acquired from doing
this PowerPoint assignment is how to create a master slide and put an image on
that master slide which then transfers over to any other slide that you are
using with that same template. I liked having to practice using PowerPoint and
thought this was a good skill. However, I felt that 10 slides of information were
very excessive, time-consuming and unnecessary. I feel like we could have gotten
the same set of skills if we had to do a 5 slide PowerPoint. I also felt that
the recording of ourselves speaking was difficult. Next time I would put less
information on the slides and just have it as talking points.


Comments
Post a Comment